Cosmetologist Job Skills
The following are some useful cosmetologist job skills:
- Good health and stamina are important since cosmetologists are on their feet for most of their shift
- good customer and personal service capabilities
- a good understanding of fashion, art, and technical design
- creativity and and understanding of the latest trends and hairstyles
- good listening skills to understand exactly what the client wants
Skills needed to be a cosmetologist may also include:
- good arm-hand steadiness
- good manual and finger dexterity
- a neat personal appearance and a clean work area
- good interpersonal skills, image, and attitude
- the ability to be an effective salesperson as retail sales become an increasingly important part of salons'
- good business skills are important for those who plan to operate their own salons
This cosmetology skills checklist is an overview and is not exhaustive of all skills needed for a particular position.